Celebrations as Ofsted finds Oasis Academy Wintringham to be ‘Good’ in all categories
Staff and students at Oasis Academy Wintringham are celebrating this week following a glowing report from school inspectors Ofsted.
Following an inspection in March, Ofsted have now published their report that commends the Academy’s effective pastoral care, strong emphasis on aspiration and character development for the students, an ambitious and broad curriculum and more.
The inspectors commented that:
· “Leaders have put in place a curriculum that is ambitious and broad. There is a consistent approach to the structure of curriculum subjects…the opportunities in the curriculum are open to all, including students with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).
· “Teachers develop strong relationships with students, and there is an emphasis on praise and reward.”
· “Students are well informed about their personal development. The curriculum for personal development is extensive. Students’ views and local issues are carefully considered in designing and teaching the personal development curriculum.”
· “Staff provide many wider opportunities for students through enrichment activities, clubs, and visits. Leaders recognise and promote a community approach to providing wider experiences for pupils and support to families.”
· “Pupils are particularly enthusiastic about their opportunities for sporting activities and leadership roles.”
A theme that resounds throughout Ofsted’s findings is the Academy’s high ambition for, and expectations of, every student. Principal of Oasis Academy Wintringham, Rachel Revell, says: “The whole of the Oasis Academy Wintringham community are delighted with Ofsted’s ‘Good’ in all category’s judgement. It is external confirmation of what all at the school have known for a while now, that together we have continued to maintain rapid progress, and creating a great school that our students so richly deserve.”
“I am so grateful to the staff, students and parents who have supported us over the years. Their support and dedication, and willingness to embrace change, are the foundations for the improvements we have achieved.”
Oasis’s Secondary North East Regional Director, Heidi Stennett, says: “This is a fantastic report from Ofsted. It is a testament to all the hard work that goes on in the Academy and the passion and drive that the staff have to ensure that every child achieves their potential. I am incredibly proud of everyone at Oasis Academy Wintringham.”