Christmas Miracle success at Oasis Academy Coulsdon
This year’s Christmas Miracles campaign at Oasis Academy Coulsdon, Coulsdon, has been a huge success, and the academy could not be prouder of our Year 10 students who took the lead this year.
Each year OA Coulsdon runs our Christmas Miracles Campaign in December. This initiative is run by the Year 10 cohort and its aim is to raise money for charities, collect items for local causes, and to spread a little Christmas cheer.
The academy had anticipated that in the face of the current financial climate that they may not be able to do as much this year as they have in previous, however, they were absolutely blown away by the generosity of our amazing families and the dedication of the team of Year 10 students who took ownership and led on the Miracles.
The results of this years’ Christmas Miracles campaign included:
- They raised £172 by selling cakes and cookies they baked, along with hot chocolate and woolly hats. With the money they raised, they bought and wrapped 142 books to give to local primary school and nursery children. They delivered them dressed as Santa and his elves; it was a delight to see them getting so involved and spreading joy across the community.
- They collected food to make up Christmas food hampers, getting enough to put together 15 very full hampers for Purley Food Stop.
- They collected gift items to create 5 ‘Boxes of Joy’ to give to Ukrainian refugees in the Croydon area, working with a charity called Care4Calais.
- They delivered 300 Christmas Cards to our neighbours to spread some Christmas cheer.
- 15 places for Crisis at Christmas were funded by your generous donations.
- £340 raised for East Surrey Children’s Ward from your generous donations.
- Along with the Christmas Miracles, they raised money for several charities as part of the First
- Give campaign.
Principal, Catrin Green, commented on this year’s efforts, saying “I am so proud, the students have worked tirelessly to make all this possible. They really were the driving force behind it all this year, and they should be very proud of themselves. I am also very grateful to all our wonderful families for their generosity. This really does celebrate the true spirit of Christmas.”