Oasis Academy Foundry is ‘outstanding’ in all areas of Ofsted report!
Oasis Academy Foundry has impressed inspectors and has shown to provide outstanding quality of education and leadership and management. The academy was also judged outstanding in the behaviour and attitudes and personal development categories.
Pupils and staff at Oasis Academy Foundry are celebrating after achieving a great outcome from Ofsted in a recent visit, with inspectors praising the academy’s ‘meticulously sequenced and highly ambitious curriculum.’
Throughout the report, inspectors highlighted the improved performance since they last visited the school and previously judged it as ‘good.’ In the most recent inspection, Ofsted found many categories in which the academy’s leaders, staff and students excelled at, giving them glowing feedback.
Highlights from the report include:
· “Staff and children are justifiably proud of this wonderful school. They belong to a caring community where diversity is valued.”
· “Everyone demonstrates the ‘9 habits’ values, including patience and compassion. This is visible in the positive relationships between pupils.”
· “The development of cross-curricular skills is impressive. Leaders have also ensured that pupils see themselves and their communities represented in the topics covered, the books pupils read and the visitors they meet.”
· “Teachers are confident in delivering the curriculum and adapt it well for individual pupils. They use their expert subject knowledge to help pupils understand their learning.”
· “Leaders look after staff as well as pupils. They are considerate of staff workload and ensure that all have access to quality professional development.”
Further along in the report, it mentions that parents and carers of the pupils at Oasis Academy Foundry value the various avenues of support they receive: “Parents and carers know that leaders genuinely care for them and their children.”
Safeguarding at Oasis Academy Foundry was found by Ofsted to be effective. The report states that leaders and staff receive frequent and high-quality training in order to point out signs which may suggest a child is at risk. Any concerns are highlighted immediately with leaders taking prompt action in response.
“They are persistent in ensuring hat pupils and families receive the support they need from external agencies.”
Ms A Ravat, Principal at Oasis Academy Foundry, said; “We are delighted that the hard work undertaken by Oasis Academy Foundry staff, Hub and Trust community has been recognised by Ofsted.”
“We are so proud that the inspectors had an opportunity to see our pupils in action and deemed their behaviour to be ‘excellent’ Ofsted have reported that our pupils produce first rate work and make impressive progress in their learning, as well as receiving excellent support from their teachers, so they can learn skills which will help them succeed in the future.”
Dr. H Channa, Regional Director for the Midlands at Oasis Community Learning, added: “This amazing report is a credit to the fantastic team of staff at the academy and reflects the hard work and dedication that they all show daily. I am confident that Oasis Academy Foundry will continue to go from strength to strength.”
Although the report did not state any development points, Principal Ms A Ravat told parents and carers that the academy will continue to strive to ensure the needs of pupils at Oasis Academy Foundry are met, by making positive contributions and by providing first-class education for every pupil.