"The academy provides effective advice and guidance about the next steps in students’ education and careers." (Ofsted, 2015)
Oasis Academy Brightstowe
Age 11 to 16 years
We have an exceptional reputation within the community and we continue to cement our status as an academy with excellent progress for all of our students, no matter their starting point. As well as achieving great academic success, we take pride in providing exceptional pastoral care and tremendous opportunities to develop character. As a result, we are a rapidly growing academy and our Year 7 cohorts are often oversubscribed.
Joining Oasis Academy Brightstowe gives your child a great opportunity to flourish and develop. We have several students winning full scholarships to Colston’s School 6th Form and Red Maids High 6th form. We have excellent sporting opportunities through our Sports Academies in rowing, rugby, football, golf and netball. We produce great dramatic and musical performances as well as going on performing arts residential trips. We create opportunities for students to go abroad on trips to exciting places such as Uganda, Italy and France. We also have many students engaged with the Duke of Edinburgh Award and acting as student leaders as our Navy Blues.
The opportunities for children at Brightstowe are extensive and it is within the development of the whole child through meaningful experiences that makes Oasis Academy Brightstowe a very special and exciting place to be. If you find yourself wanting to know more about us, please do not hesitate to arrange a tour.
You can find out more about life at Brighstowe by following our social media accounts @OABrightstowe and @MrBrightstowe
We have been judged 'Good' in all areas by Ofsted.
"Leaders have sucessfully broadened the curriculum by offering a wider range of GCSE courses." Ofsted, 2015
We are driven by our inclusive ethos, and ensure everything we do is 'BRIGHT' - Beautiful, Resilient, Independent, with a Growth Mind Set, having a Healthy Mind Healthy Body, and knowing the importance of Teamwork.
Oasis Academy Brightstowe is on a journey of transformation and is continually striving to raise standards and build upon our successes.
We are part of the South West region of academies within the Oasis family. Based in Bristol and Trowbridge we are a region of 9 academies both primary and secondary, lead by Tom Verity and Phil Humphreys our Regional Directors.
In Bristol, we have:
- Oasis Academy Bank Leaze (primary)
- Oasis Academy Connaught (primary)
- Oasis Academy Long Cross (primary)
- Oasis Academy Marksbury Road (primary)
- Oasis Academy New Oak (primary)
- Oasis Academy Brightstowe (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Brislington (secondary)
- Oasis Academy John Williams (secondary)
In Trowbridge, we also have Oasis Academy Longmeadow, a primary school.
We are excited to say that we are developing our family in this region and welcome Oasis Academy Temple Quarter - our newest free school being built in the Temple Meads are of Bristol.
At Oasis Hub: North Bristol, we aim to have the community at the heart of everything we do.
Oasis Academy Brightstowe is part of the Oasis Hub: North Bristol (OHNB). We are joined by Oasis Academy Bank Leaze and Oasis Academy Long Cross, serving the communities of Shirehampton, Lawrence Weston, Sea Mills and Avonmouth.
The Hub is run by Oasis Community Partnerships (OCP), a sister charity to Oasis Community Learning, and is therefore a charity in its own right. OCPs overarching aim is to transform the communities within which it works and to develop a sense of belonging within everyone involved.
Oasis Hub: North Bristol work to provide community services and activities to meet the needs of the local residents. The Hub is made up of the Oasis Academies, the Community Services Team and the Long Cross Children's Centre.
The Community Services Team focuses on the area of Lawrence Weston, with two of the key priorities being to build social capital across the community, and to develop business and enterprise projects with an aim to creating sustainable income and reducing reliance on grants. To achieve this it develops grassroots initiatives that empower local residents, through providing opportunities to develop new skills, leadership potential and positive life experiences.
Our projects include:
- The Oasis Community Shop: located on Ridingleaze, Lawrence Weston. This is a community shop that runs arts and textile courses for the local community, student REAL projects and affordable second-hand toys and clothes.
- Holiday Activities: a range of activities are run throughout all the Academy holidays. For more information, contact the Hub team at firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Hub Co-ordinator.
- Counselling Service: based at Long Cross Children's Centre, the Counselling Service is accessible to all members of the community. Again you can contact the Hub team for more information.
- Lawrence Weston Carnival: an annual community celebration held in June. We offer plenty of opportunity to get involved or join us to spectate on the day.
- Oasis Grows: gardening and healthy eating porject that runs across the three Oasis Academies.
- Family Support: the Hub oversees and supports the Family Support Team at Long Cross Children's Centre.