"Behaviour around the academy is good, and in lessons pupils have good attitudes to learning." Ofsted, 2014
Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue
Age 2 to 4 years
Age 4 to 10 years
Welcome to Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue. We are a busy and friendly Academy, with lots going on. This website has been designed to give you some idea of what we do at Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue, the curriculum we teach and of some of the things our children have learned with us. It will provide regular updated information for both parents and pupils.
Our motto is 'Happily Achieving Primary Success' and our aim is to help our children achieve this through:
- Providing high quality learning experiences where children of all abilities are given opportunities to achieve genuine success in all curriculum areas
- Developing mutual respect and tolerance
- Ensuring that our school is a friendly, caring, safe and supportive environment
- Encouraging understanding of and respect for religions and other cultures
- Providing a range of experiences, both in and out of school, that will encourage their hopes and aspirations for a bright future
At Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue our aim is to grow confident children who aren’t afraid to take risks, make mistakes and who have dreams and hopes that take them beyond their day-to-day lives. We will give children ownership of their learning by placing the emphasis on what our children need, involving them in deciding what they want to learn and the very best way they feel they can learn it through a varied diet of learning and social experiences.
Our priority is to improve our children’s basic skills in English, Maths and ICT, to enable them to take their places as socially responsible and contributing adults of the future.
Our responsibility is to encourage each child to look beyond their immediate environment and experience, to open their eyes to new possibilities, to broaden their horizons and to take full advantage of the opportunities open to them.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the Academy directly with any queries you may have.
We look forward to working with you to help your children develop and grow into happy and confident learners and to create a centre of excellence within the community in order to improve the educational experiences and opportunities for local children.
We are driven by our inclusive ethos, instilling 'pride', 'imagination' and 'confidence'
We encourage everyone at Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue to 'learn more, do more, be more'.
We have been deemed 'Good' in all areas by Ofsted
We are part of the North region of academies within the Oasis family. Based in Manchester, Oldham, Bradfords, Salford, Sheffield, Scunthorpe and Grimsby we are a region of 17 academies both primary and secondary, lead by our Regional Directors Rachel Jones, Lynne Goodhand and Helen Arya. Prior to joining Oasis, Rachel was Director of Future Leaders-NCTL. In this role she led a team of National and Local Leaders of Education to provide training, mentoring and coaching to aspiring Primary and Secondary Headteachers, committed to leading schools and Academies in areas of disadvantage. Lynne has over twenty-five years of successful headship experience across six primaries within three local authorities and has been a School Improvement Partner. She has the Professional Qualification for School Inspection (PQSI), is a Local Leader of Education and a Pupil Premium Reviewer. Helen joined Oasis in 2011 as the Principal of Oasis Academy Limeside in Oldham, an outstanding converter academy. As the academy grew and became a National Teaching School in 2013, Helen took on the role of Executive Principal leading the academy into its second outstanding ofsted judgment as well as building a highly successful National Teaching School which holds a systems leadership position in the North West.
Within the North West we have the following academies:
- Oasis Academy Aspinal (primary)
- Oasis Academy Broadoak (primary)
- Oasis Academy Harpur Mount (primary)
- Oasis Academy Temple (primary)
- Oasis Academy Limeside (primary)
- Oasis Academy Lister Park (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Leesbrook (secondary)
- Oasis Acasemy Oldham (secondary)
- Oasis Academy MediaCityUK (secondary)
Within the North East we have the following academies:
- Oasis Academy Don Valley (all-through)
- Oasis Academy Fir Vale (primary)
- Oasis Academy Watermead (primary)
- Oasis Academy Parkwood (primary)
- Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue (primary)
- Oasis Academy Nunsthorpe (primary)
- Oasis Academy Immingham (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Wintringham (secondary)
At Oasis we recognise that people are not two-dimensional beings; we are each a whole person with a broad range of aspirations and needs and these needs are interconnected. To truly help someone with their educational needs, it is vital to also be aware of their emotional needs, spiritual needs and economic needs.
As such, we believe in communities that are holistic, interconnected and totally inclusive. We call our model for these communities ‘Hub.’
Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue is part of Oasis Hub Henderson Avenue.