We are fully inclusive of all our staff and students
Oasis Academy Long Cross
Principal, Karen Sheppard
Oasis Academy Long Cross
T: 0117 903 0333
Age 2 to 4 years
Age 4 to 10 years
I am delighted to welcome you to Oasis Academy Long Cross. As the Principal, it is a privilege to be working alongside a professional and dedicated staff team whose mission is to deliver exceptional education at the heart of our community. Together we are united with the unwavering belief that all of our children can and will succeed.
At Oasis Academy Long Cross we work intentionally to develop the character and competence of everyone involved in the Academy through the lens of the Oasis 9 Habits. We are an Academy where everyone is included, valued and supported to be healthy, happy and confident learners.
We offer the highest quality of education; an exciting and relevant curriculum, the highest standards in teaching and learning, stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environments and a commitment to the very best academic outcomes for our children, which grow from the highest of expectations of all.
Oasis Academy Long Cross is part of the Oasis Hub North Bristol and we pride ourselves on working in partnership with families and the community to help ensure that every child can be the best that they can be within and beyond the Academy.
Our Academy is one where every child is nurtured, where every child is safe and most importantly, where every child is prepared for whatever the future has to offer them.
I sincerely look forward to welcoming you to the Academy.
We have high expectations for learning and behaviour
We welcome all children regardless of need
We model and live by the 9 Habits of Oasis
We provide a rich, varied and stimulating curriculum to provoke learning
We are part of the South West region of academies within the Oasis family. Based in Bristol and Trowbridge we are a region of 9 academies both primary and secondary, lead by Tom Verity and Phil Humphreys our Regional Directors.
In Bristol, we have:
- Oasis Academy Bank Leaze (primary)
- Oasis Academy Connaught (primary)
- Oasis Academy Long Cross (primary)
- Oasis Academy Marksbury Road (primary)
- Oasis Academy New Oak (primary)
- Oasis Academy Brightstowe (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Brislington (secondary)
- Oasis Academy John Williams (secondary)
In Trowbridge, we also have Oasis Academy Longmeadow, a primary school.
We are excited to say that we are developing our family in this region and welcome Oasis Academy Temple Quarter - our newest free school being built in the Temple Meads are of Bristol.
Oasis Hub: North Bristol work to provide community services and activities to meet the needs of the local residents. The Hub is made up of the Oasis Academies, the Community Services Team and the Long Cross Children's Centre.
The Community Services Team focuses on the area of Lawrence Weston, with two of the key priorities being to build social capital across the community, and to develop business and enterprise projects with an aim to creating sustainable income and reducing reliance on grants. To achieve this it develops grassroots initiatives that empower local residents, through providing opportunities to develop new skills, leadership potential and positive life experiences.
Our projects include:
- The Oasis Community Shop: located on Ridingleaze, Lawrence Weston. This is a community shop that runs arts and textile courses for the local community, student REAL projects and affordable second-hand toys and clothes.
- Holiday Activities: a range of activities are run throughout all the Academy holidays.
- Counselling Service: based at Long Cross Children's Centre, the Counselling Service is accessible to all members of the community. Again you can contact the Hub team for more information.
- Lawrence Weston Carnival: an annual community celebration held in June. We offer plenty of opportunity to get involved or join us to spectate on the day.
- Oasis Grows: gardening and healthy eating porject that runs across the three Oasis Academies.
- Family Support: the Hub oversees and supports the Family Support Team at Long Cross Children's Centre.
For more information on any of our projects, or to find out what we have coming up, please visit and like our Facebook page.