We know each child as an individual and our staff are committed to ensuring students flourish personally and academically
Oasis Academy Longmeadow
Exec Principal, Karen Sheppard
Head of School, Chris Potter
T: 01225 355 511
Age 4 to 10 years
Welcome to Oasis Academy Longmeadow
We area a warm and welcoming community where children and adults "love, laugh and learn" together.
As a small school, we know every child as an individual and aim to offer an environment that fosters positive relationships, develops skills and creates a thirst for learning. Our children can expect to work with staff who care about them. All of our staff strive to provide for every child’s development to ensure that they flourish personally and academically. We aim for every child to gain the confidence, knowledge and skills to achieve their potential and continue as successful learners throughout their life.
We believe that we will support the success of all our children through building:
- A community which celebrates diversity and difference
- A curriculum that is engaging, relevant and challenging
- A staff team who are dedicated to supporting the children to be the very best that they can be
- A focussed learning environment with high aspirations based on a sense of purpose, engagement, fun and challenge
We are a community school and it is important to us that we serve the needs and interests of our community. We work hard to build partnerships with parents so that together we can provide the very best for our children.
At Oasis Academy Longmeadow we extend a very warm welcome to you. We encourage you to get involved with your child’s learning and Academy life through our Parent Forum meetings and FOALS (Friends of Oasis Academy Longmeadow).
We believe that by transforming learning we can transform lives. Together we can ensure that the children flourish.
Exec. Principal, Oasis Academy Longmeadow
"All of our staff strive to provide for every child’s development to ensure that they flourish personally and academically."
As a small school we offer an environment where children feel part of a community that prides itself on caring for each other and fostering positive relationships
We believe in providing children with varied learning opportunities to ensure all children, regardless of ability, are able to learn and develop new skills
We are part of the South West region of academies within the Oasis family. Based in Bristol and Trowbridge we are a region of 11 academies both primary and secondary, lead by our Principals and Regional Directors.
In Bristol, we have:
- Oasis Academy Bank Leaze (primary)
- Oasis Academy Connaught (primary)
- Oasis Academy Long Cross (primary)
- Oasis Academy Marksbury Road (primary)
- Oasis Academy New Oak (primary)
- Oasis Academy Brightstowe (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Brislington (secondary)
- Oasis Academy John Williams (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Daventry Road (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Temple Quarter (secondary)
In Trowbridge, we also have Oasis Academy Longmeadow, a primary school.
At Oasis we recognise that people are not two-dimensional beings; we are each a whole person with a broad range of aspirations and needs and these needs are interconnected. To truly help someone with their educational needs, it is vital to also be aware of their emotional needs, spiritual needs and economic needs.
As such, we believe in communities that are holistic, interconnected and totally inclusive. We call our model for these communities ‘hub.’