Our Early Years Provision is judged to be Outstanding by Ofsted
Oasis Academy Aspinal
Age 4 to 10 years
I am delighted to welcome you to Oasis Academy Aspinal. We are a one form entry school situated in Gorton Manchester. The staff and children at Aspinal have undergone a period of rapid transformation since joining the Oasis family.
We pride ourselves on working on developing every child and encouraging them to meet their full potential. We work closely alongside our families and have a number of opportunities throughout the year for families to attend parent and child workshops so they can support their children in their learning. We are extremely proud of the children at Aspinal and celebrate all their achievements. We encourage children to aspire, aim high and achieve.
Please look through our website to find out more information about our school.
We look forward to welcoming you to Oasis Academy Aspinal.
We pride ourselves on working on developing every child and encouraging them to meet their full potential.
We are a fully inclusive school, accepting children of all faiths and none
We use building learning power to promote children to become lifelong learners
We are part of the North region of academies within the Oasis family. Based in Manchester, Oldham, Bradford, Salford, Sheffield, Scunthorpe and Grimsby we are a region of 17 academies both primary and secondary, lead by our Regional Directors Jane Hughes, Emma Johnson, Heidi Stennett and Emma Merva.
Within the North West we have the following academies:
- Oasis Academy Aspinal (primary)
- Oasis Academy Broadoak (primary)
- Oasis Academy Harpur Mount (primary)
- Oasis Academy Temple (primary)
- Oasis Academy Limeside (primary)
- Oasis Academy Lister Park (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Leesbrook (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Oldham (secondary)
- Oasis Academy MediaCityUK (secondary)
Within the North East we have the following academies:
- Oasis Academy Don Valley (all-through)
- Oasis Academy Fir Vale (primary)
- Oasis Academy Watermead (primary)
- Oasis Academy Parkwood (primary)
- Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue (primary)
- Oasis Academy Nunsthorpe (primary)
- Oasis Academy Immingham (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Wintringham (secondary)
At Oasis we recognise that people are not two-dimensional beings; we are each a whole person with a broad range of aspirations and needs and these needs are interconnected. To truly help someone with their educational needs, it is vital to also be aware of their emotional needs, spiritual needs and economic needs.
As such, we believe in communities that are holistic, interconnected and totally inclusive. We call our model for these communities ‘hub.’
Oasis Academy Aspinal is part of Oasis Hub Aspinal. The hub runs a number of services for the community. By ensuring that all these services are joined up and rooted in same ethos we want to see the entire community transformed for the better.
At Aspinal we are trying to develop the community aspect of our school and involve as many stakeholders as we possibly can.
We believe that the academy should be at the heart of the community and we are working hard to include hard to reach families and ensure everybody has full access to a range of services, whether that is education, health, employment, access to public funds/benefits.
Our priorities are:
1. To support Academy target for narrowing the gap between Pupil Premium Students and their peers
2. To support Academy targets for Educational Wellbeing
3. To offer holistic support to any vulnerable families
4. Establish Oasis Hub Aspinal as an inclusive place for all – modelling ethos, values of inclusion, equality, relationships, hope and perseverance
5. Develop a commitment to global ‘citizenship and establish mutually beneficial and sustainable Oasis Global Partnerships