With our rich cultural diversity, we celebrate and share in each others' backgrounds, learning new things every day
Oasis Academy Watermead
Age 2 to 4 years
Age 4 to 10 years
I am delighted and proud to welcome to you to Oasis Academy Watermead - a place where everyone feels loved!
I am delighted to be leading Oasis Academy Watermead, an outstanding (Ofsted 2017) school in the heart of the Shirecliife community.
Watermead is a truly unique and special place, where all children, families and staff are loved and we all learn to be the best possible version of ourselves.
Our website will provide you with all the information you need to learn about daily Academy life and the excellent experiences and opportunities on offer for our families.
If you would like to visit the Academy, please contact the school office 0114 201 6800.
Principal, OA Watermead
"Watermead is a truly unique and special place."
We are an outstanding school, dedicated to supporting each and every one of our young people through their education
We are Sheffield's first School of Sanctuary, offering a safe and nurturing envirornment to our families
We are part of the North region of academies within the Oasis family. Based in Manchester, Oldham, Bradfords, Salford, Sheffield, Scunthorpe and Grimsby we are a region of 17 academies both primary and secondary, lead by our Regional Directors Rachel Jones, Lynne Goodhand and Helen Arya. Prior to joining Oasis, Rachel was Director of Future Leaders-NCTL. In this role she led a team of National and Local Leaders of Education to provide training, mentoring and coaching to aspiring Primary and Secondary Headteachers, committed to leading schools and Academies in areas of disadvantage. Lynne has over twenty-five years of successful headship experience across six primaries within three local authorities and has been a School Improvement Partner. She has the Professional Qualification for School Inspection (PQSI), is a Local Leader of Education and a Pupil Premium Reviewer. Helen joined Oasis in 2011 as the Principal of Oasis Academy Limeside in Oldham, an outstanding converter academy. As the academy grew and became a National Teaching School in 2013, Helen took on the role of Executive Principal leading the academy into its second outstanding ofsted judgment as well as building a highly successful National Teaching School which holds a systems leadership position in the North West.
Within the North West we have the following academies:
- Oasis Academy Aspinal (primary)
- Oasis Academy Broadoak (primary)
- Oasis Academy Harpur Mount (primary)
- Oasis Academy Temple (primary)
- Oasis Academy Limeside (primary)
- Oasis Academy Lister Park (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Leesbrook (secondary)
- Oasis Acasemy Oldham (secondary)
- Oasis Academy MediaCityUK (secondary)
Within the North East we have the following academies:
- Oasis Academy Don Valley (all-through)
- Oasis Academy Fir Vale (primary)
- Oasis Academy Watermead (primary)
- Oasis Academy Parkwood (primary)
- Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue (primary)
- Oasis Academy Nunsthorpe (primary)
- Oasis Academy Immingham (secondary)
- Oasis Academy Wintringham (secondary)
Oasis Academy Watermead is part of Oasis Community Hub: Watermead. As well as the academy, the Hub runs a number of services for the community. By ensuring that all these services are joined up and rooted in same ethos we want to see the entire community transformed for the better.
Along with all of the activities we put on for our community listed on the right, families join us to showcase the learning of our pupils during our ‘Fantastic Finishes’ events which take place half termly.
To find out more about what is happening at our local hub, or to get involved in events, feel free to contact the academy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 0114 201 6800
Since September 2017 the following events have been enjoyed by our community:
- Sparkle & Shine assemblies – ongoing
- Fairtrade Hot Chocolate & Cookies evening event
- Book sales to promote the enjoyment of sharing books
- Community afternoon tea, cakes & raffle
- Opening event – Brass band for the community.
- Support for the local food bank, families and the community donated items of food.
- Signposting to training and support services.
- Parent questionnaire – needs analysis to inform planning
- Daily drop-in with the inclusion team
- Santa & Reindeers – community event
- Read, write, inc workshops
- Easter Parade with Donkeys
- Parent Coffee mornings
- Community Garden Party
- Family Cooking Programme
- Community Film Nights
- Attendance Week
- Parents have helped with academy events
- Parent volunteers
- Incredible years parenting program – 15 week blocks run on a yearly rolling program, open to the community; including other schools/academies.
- Breakfast club, to support working, training and vulnerable families.