Oasis Academy Daventry Road
Oasis Academy Daventry Road will serve communities across South Bristol and will be a co-educational secondary school for 11 to 16-year-olds. The academy will be inclusive and open to students of all faiths and none.
On 4th April 2022 Bristol City Council approved plans for the academy to be built on the former Merrywood School on Daventry Road, which will be demolished to make way for a new building with state-of-the-art facilities.
Oasis Academy Daventry Road is forecasted to open in its permanent building in September 2024, subject to milestones being achieved throughout the next phases of the project.
To meet the need for school places from September 2023, the Department for Education and Bristol City Council is working towards opening the school in temporary accommodation on the site of an existing school in Hengrove, Oasis Academy John Williams.
The proposed site for temporary accommodation is currently being assessed for its suitability to ensure it would meet the needs of students and staff.
The academy’s overarching vision is to provide ‘Exceptional Education at the Heart of the Community.’ We want to ensure that all our young people, whatever their starting points or background get the education they deserve – and they deserve nothing less than exceptional.
Oasis Academy Daventry Road will provide outstanding teaching in an environment where every child is valued and supported to succeed. The academy will be committed to helping students develop confidence, resilience and aspirations needed to flourish in life beyond secondary school.
We will offer:
- A curriculum designed using the latest research into learning, with a focus on character, competence, and community.
- iPads for every student for the duration of their time with us, giving everyone access to technology and enhancing our young people’s learning both in class and at home.
- First-class facilities including an activity studio, sports hall, sports pitches, and multi-use games area.
- High-quality careers learning and enrichment experiences ensuring young people know about and can access the wealth of opportunity available to them by living in a vibrant and thriving city.
- Outstanding pastoral care: we will make sure every student and their family are supported from the very beginning of their journey with us.