Oasis Academy Daventry Road
Oasis Academy Daventry Road is a co-educational academy that will provide 900 school places for young people aged 11-16 in South Bristol. The school is forecasted to open in temporary accommodation on a site at an existing school, Oasis Academy John Williams, from September 2023. The school's permanent permanent building on Daventry Road is expected to open from September 2024.
Oasis Academy Daventry Road will deliver high quality teaching in an environment where every child is valued and supported to succeed. We will work to develop the character and competence of all young people, in pursuit of everyone receiving an exceptional education and reaching their full potential, that they flourish not only in learning, but also in life.
Oasis runs two Ofsted rated ‘Good’ oversubscribed secondary academies in South Bristol, Oasis Academy John Williams and Oasis Academy Brislington. Since becoming Oasis Academies both schools have significantly improved outcomes for young people and continue to thrive under highly accomplished leaders. With dedicated leadership and direction from Oasis Academy John Williams, and drawing on the experience of our established schools, we will ensure Oasis Academy Daventry Road has a bright and successful future.
We will offer:
- A broad and balanced curriculum, delivered by a talented and committed staff team, designed using the latest research into teaching and learning.
- A personal development curriculum, which supports the growth and development of our children into rounded young adults who understand their character and play active roles in their communities.
- New state of the art facilities including an activity studio, sports hall, sports pitches, and multi-use games area.
- An iPad for every student for the duration of their time with us, giving everyone access to technology and enhancing our young people’s learning both in class and at home.
- High-quality careers learning and enrichment experiences which will ensure that our young people know about and can access the wealth of opportunity available to them by living in a vibrant and thriving city.
- Outstanding pastoral care: we will make sure every student and their family are supported from the very beginning of their journey with us.