Oasis Academy Temple Quarter
Click here to find out more about our latest Consultation Event.
About the Academy
Oasis Academy Temple Quarter will serve the community around the Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone within Bristol. It will be a co-educational Secondary Academy for students aged 11 to 18. Our academy will follow the Oasis model of inclusion and will therefore be inclusive of all, and open to those of all faiths and none. Admissions will be based on proximity from the Academy.
The Academy is currently in the pre-opening phase. Oasis Community Learning is working closely with our partners Bristol City Council, Department for Education and developer Square Bay, to design and build an academy that will best serve our students and local community. We look forward to publicising further details about the academy, including further consultation opportunities and proposed opening date, in the near future.
Oasis is determined that the academy is an outstanding school from the very start, and therefore we have appointed an experienced school leader, Alison Eynon, as our Temple Quarter Development Lead. Working across the preparations for the Academy, she is already establishing strong links within our community, and with our neighbouring schools and businesses.
We aim to harness the vast cultural and economic richness of the surrounding area for the benefit of our local children, their families and the community. We will develop an Academy which has outstanding educational outcomes and also creates a new shift in the way business and education partner to provide rich experience and opportunity for our young minds.
We will offer:
- An exciting and challenging National Curriculum, with a full range of subject opportunities
- Support in English and Maths for those who need it
- Enrichment opportunities in and out of school
- Experience of work both inside the curriculum and in the real world
- Links with Universities - mentors and guest teachers
- Links with Businesses - projects, mentors and experience opportunities
- State-of-the-art facilities for students and their community
Scholarship – a relentless focus on securing outstanding academic qualifications and developing a love of learning for all.
Transformation – a growth mindset belief that everyone can change for the better, and that everyone has the power to change and influence others and the community.
Aspiration - the belief that aiming high and showing courage enables success and happiness in learning, work and life.
Inclusion – the certainty that we are one family: no one will feel isolated or alone.
Resilience – the knowledge that ‘greatness’ does not come without huge amounts of hard work, perseverance, determination and effort. We must never give up.
Social Responsibility – a commitment to care for our community and help others whenever we can.
We aim to adhere to the Temple Quarter 7 - an entitlement for all Oasis Academy Temple Quarter Students
- Visit a University each year, including Universities within the Russell Group
- Regularly visit and work with a range of organisations, companies or start-ups in the city and TQEZ to develop and build employability, character and technical skills
- Experience an annual residential trip either in the UK or abroad to encourage independence and self-reliance
- Take part in cultural experiences every term to build social capital e.g. visits to museums, galleries theatres and concerts
- Develop and discover talents during curriculum time e.g. sport, music, art, robotics and film
- Take part in a sustained volunteering programme using partnerships with the Oasis Hubs and organisations within Bristol
- Train in oracy, articulacy and debate
If you have any questions or queries about the development of Oasis Academy Temple Quarter, please do not hesistate to get in touch.
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com