The Oasis Education Charter
The Oasis Education Charter is who we are, how we are distinctive and the entitlement we provide for our children and their communities.
Our Ethos is rooted in what we believe and who we are.
- We have a passion to include everyone
- We have a desire to treat everyone equally, respecting all differences
- We have a commitment to healthy and open relationships
- We have a deep sense of hope that things can change and be transformed
- We persevere and keep going for the long haul
We work in partnership with our communities to transform lives, where everyone is included, can contribute and is able to reach their god given potential. We deliver this through an Oasis Hub, our model of integrated community development.
- We deliver education in the context of our Hubs
- We create a culture of excellence for all
The purpose of education is to understand what it means to be human - living intentionally and asking two key questions: Who am I? Who am I becoming?
The Foundation of our students' learning is made up of five integrated objectives:
- We develop competence, striving for excellence in skills, knowledge and qualifications
- We foster character and self-belief and encourage our students and staff to become the best versions of themselves through the Oasis 9 Habits
- We embrace community, advocating the value of living interdependently with others
- We equip our students and staff to be engaged local and global citizens who strive for a better society
- We nurture and empower a life-long passion for learning in all the people we serve
Our vision is driven through a passion and commitment to include everyone.
- We believe all our children and young people are precious; we prioritise social inclusion and integration in all we do
- We model and set high aspirations and expectations for every child and young person and member of staff
- We provide opportunities and experiences for all of our students as well as their wider families, giving advantage to the disadvantaged
As an interdependent family, we enjoy exceptional strength and opportunity.
- We believe that good relationships are at the heart of everything we do
- We support and encourage each other in championing the Oasis Ethos
- We work, learn and develop together so that students and staff can share and benefit from everyone's best practice
The curriculum is the heart of Oasis's educational provision.
- We make great learning the foundation of every lesson
- We design our curriculum to meet the needs of all
- We strive for personal as well as academic and vocational excellence, achieving outcomes that drive social mobility and give everyone freedom of choice through their lives
The Charter was developed through a number of existing documents, including the Oasis Hub Framework, Life Stages of Hub, Oasis Ends Statement, One Oasis Statement, it is informed by our Philosophy of Education: Rabbi, Yada, Shalom; Inspirational Leadership, Deep Learning and Healthy Communities.